Design of Tall Buildings
This course aims to equip engineers with advanced knowledge of multi-disciplinary aspects on planning, system selection, modeling, analysis and design of tall buildings. The course objectives and content has been set/designed keeping in view the overall design process involved in a typical high-rise building project. Hands-on training of finite element software with real-life examples accompanied by online content on various practical aspects will help in achieving course objectives.
Recent advancements in material sciences, computer-aided design, and construction technology have opened new ways towards using more sophisticated and elegant structural systems for tall buildings. These advancements not only demand start-of-the-art knowledge from engineers but also necessary skill to handle real-world problems associated with current engineering practice. The expected outcomes of this course include an improved understanding and training of engineers in the areas of:
- Understanding of basic principles of tall building design
- Preliminary design and selection of structural systems,
- Structural modeling and analysis of tall building using structural engineering software,
- Detailed design of various components of tall buildings,
- Preparing design reports and presenting results.
Students’ feedback and course evaluation of Design of Tall Buildings